Mount Carmel Radiation Oncology Services at The Zangmeister Cancer Center provides a comprehensive cancer care program that utilizes integrated, multidisciplinary care, advanced technologies and cutting-edge research to prevent, detect and treat the disease. Significant advances have been made in radiation therapy technology and its application to the treatment of cancer. Specialized treatment techniques allow maximum radiation doses to be delivered to tumors, while minimizing the dose to healthy tissues and organs.
We offer world-class radiation oncology treatment options for a variety of cancers. Our team of radiation oncologists, dosimetrists, therapists and nurses work closely with patients, family members and their referring physicians to provide patient-focused care in a facility designed for easy access and comfort.
- 3-D conformal external beam radiation
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- Image guided radiation therapy
- Breath-hold gating treatment
- Prone breast treatment
- RapidArc technology, which shortens treatment times
- 4-D CT scanning
- High dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy are also available at other locations through Mount Carmel Radiation Oncology Services at The Zangmeister Cancer Center.
Mount Carmel Radiation Oncology Departments are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).