Team Members at The Zangmeister Cancer Center enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, company paid short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and 401(k) profit-sharing plan.
We believe that our success is dependent to a great extent upon the quality and energy of our Team Members. Because of this belief, The Zangmeister Cancer Center seeks to attract superior people at all levels with excellent customer service, verbal and interpersonal skills who can develop and apply their knowledge and skills productively for meaningful work and to contribute to the growth and success of our practice.
Resumes may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Worker is part of the care team dedicated to the highest quality of care for the oncology patient population and their families. The Social Worker is responsible for interviewing patients and their families as well as coordinating programs and activities to meet their social and emotional needs; provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding the implications and complexities of their medical situation. This position reports to the Clinical Operations Manager and independently manages workload. The Social Worker supports the vision and mission of The Mark H. Zangmeister Cancer Center and works with others in a team environment to provide optimal patient care.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides mental health assessments; develops and implements plans based on assessments.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Performs risk and lethality assessments.
- Links patients with mental health resources as necessary.
- Collaborates with hospital and community-based case management as may be indicated.
- Works with local utility companies to ensure maintenance of service during treatment for a patients who present with associated needs.
- Addresses needs of homeless patients to increase the potential compliance with treatment.
- Assists in meeting patient and family needs by acting as a resource for various types of assistance, including financial, educational support, home health care, hospice, support groups and counseling (i.e. connecting patients with community resources).
- Acts as a representative of The Zangmeister Cancer Center in the community with a variety of other agencies. (i.e.: ACS, CSC, CCC, LLSA) in provision of supportive opportunities for patients.
- Explores and identifies community resources which may assist patients, family and staff.
- Collaborates with others as needed to fulfill the organization’s mission and purpose, meeting as needed with staff and/or volunteers.
- Assists patients in locating resources to identify insurance options.
- Maintains effective working relationships with physicians and staff.
- Appropriately documents according to protocols in patient charts.
- Uses effective critical thinking and prioritization to effectively manage workload.
- Identifies problems, sets priorities, and identifies effective resolutions.
- Communicates patient needs with physicians and staff in a professional and articulate manner.
- Maintains HIPAA guidelines.
- Serves as a resource to others with a willingness to assist when needed.
- Participates in staff events to promote a positive work environment.
- Exhibits role-model behavior.
- Maintains an inclusive and respectful attitude with all stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred
- 2 – 4 years of related experience and/or training
- Experience working in oncology or medical practices preferred.
Mid Ohio Oncology/Hematology, Inc. dba The Zangmeister Cancer Center is seeking a contingent retail and/or infusion pharmacist who specializes in both oral cancer medications and outpatient chemotherapy infusions. The minimum commitment required for this position is 5 shifts per quarter (12 weeks). No evenings, weekends or company-recognized holidays required. Hours are Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- Oversees and checks IV admixture of outpatient medications
- Fills and checks oral chemotherapy medications and all supportive care medications required by oncology/hematology patients
- Calculates chemotherapy doses
- Designs, recommends, monitors, and evaluates patient-specific oncology care plans
- Counsels patients extensively on dosing and side effect management of chemotherapy products
- Reviews laboratory results and makes recommendations for dose adjustments
- Develops chemotherapy regimens and guidelines based on NCCN guidelines and recent FDA approvals
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. degree
- Pharmacy license in good standing with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
- Minimum 2 years of experience in either a hospital or retail pharmacy setting
- Oncology/hematology experience preferred
- Knowledge of sterile IV admixture procedures, including compliance with USP 797 and USP 800
- Excellent written, electronicand verbal communication skills
Responsible for the supervision and daily operations of the Accounts Receivable department. Works collaboratively with team members to ensure the efficient and effective collection of outstanding patient and insurance balances, including accounts receivable follow-up, payment posting and patient collections.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, supervision and support to the Accounts Receivable department.
- Ensures aged balances are followed up timely and effectively; communicates issues and areas of concern to the Director of Revenue Cycle, as needed.
- Regularly monitors the status of outstanding claims, denials, and payments, and delegates focus areas based on status.
- Researches and resolves claim denials, unpaid aged claims, and incorrectly paid claims for assigned accounts.
- Receives patient phone calls, answers account inquiries, and establishes budget plans, as needed.
- Assists A/R and Registration teams with difficult insurance follow-up and patient account issues.
- Regularly monitors the status of individual staff member and team productivity.
- Provides training, cross-training, guidance, and assistance to the A/R team in an ongoing capacity.
- Facilitates the delegation of fair and equitable workload for the A/R team.
- Oversees the scheduling of department staff, including managing call-offs, and rearranging coverage as needed.
- Follows and administers employment policies and procedures, being mindful of the attendance, professional appearance, and progressive discipline policies.
- Conducts regular department staff meetings.
- Maintains current and detailed knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle.
- Develops and maintains advanced working knowledge of the practice management system, electronic health record, and clearinghouse.
- Works collaboratively with other employees within and outside of the A/R department to develop and implement root cause solutions that reduce redundancy and result in an enhanced and improved operations.
- Demonstrates a sense of care, urgency, and understanding of the critical nature of an Oncology practice.
- Delivers outstanding customer service to internal and external customers with a communication style that is professional and courteous.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; Associate degree preferred
- 5 years’ hands-on experience in a physician practice business office performing healthcare accounts receivable follow-up and collections
- Oncology experience preferred
- Strong CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Strong medical terminology
- Advanced Practice Management system and Electronic Health Record (EHR) knowledge
- Advanced working knowledge of electronic eligibility, claim submission, claim edits, claim rejections, ERA posting, statement generation, budget plans, and patient collections
- Detailed understanding of healthcare revenue cycle and the associated variables that can impact claims and reimbursement
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and payers
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Ability to analyze data and relevant information to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates empathetic listening skills